Wild as the ocean, free as a mountain sitting motionless. Soft as a storm blooming in full.






Wild as the ocean. Free as a mountain sitting motionless. Soft as a storm blooming in full.





Wednesday, March 2, 2016

We Gave Up Too Fast

Some nights remind me of the losses over the years.
Those who've fallen by the wayside, literally and emotionally.  
Like leaves falling from trees that most people don't notice.
Falling to the death of themselves, our friendships ended without a word.
For no cause or infraction, they ended with a quiet finish to a once bright beginning.

How easily some come into our lives, and how easily & pointlessly some leave.

What is it that a soul needs to continue? What food is required to keep it alive and satisfied so that it doesn't go searching for dirt instead?

I spent too much time in the cave and when I came out, there was nothing but snow…dead branches all around me.  No sign of life.
So I went back in, thinking that there was no reason to come out again.

Problem was, eventually I ran out of what kept me alive in there. So I came out and this time I saw that still there was nothing worth coming out for. But now I couldn't return to the cold corners of the cave and instead, went searching for the soft warmth of winter sun.

We all gave up too fast on each other, moving on too easily without effort. Off we went in our own directions, walking silently away without a word.


Fall2015©DM



No comments:

Post a Comment